Friday, October 12, 2012

Cast Iron Complement

Thursday night's dinner was leftovers from previous meals.    Leftover mashed potatoes, fried in the small easy-to-clean pan.  The rather large heel from the ham hand diced and cheddar cheese for an enormous omelet. Farm fresh eggs.  All mixed together in my large cast iron skillet.  Casting both fry pans aside after serving the meal, I look upon them this Friday morning with a deep sigh.  They would be forever soaking!  I ran the hot water into my dishpan and worked on the easy stuff while brewing my pour over coffee, grabbed the fry pans and put them in the second sink and let the hot water fill them.  The few dishes one can make were done quickly and I grabbed the small easy-to-clean pan.  Yes, it was indeed easy to clean.  I grabbed my metal spatula.  Ready?  Start with the bottom of the skillet.  Yes, yes, yes!!!  It came off like a charm!  And then I remembered how easy clean up was supposed to be with these cast iron skillets, and with just hot water.  And a health benefit, they give you iron benefits by cooking with them.  

I love my cast iron skillet!  Life is easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment