Monday, October 1, 2012

The Soldier

Today was the dedication ceremony of 175 years of our county courthouse.  I have no idea how many judges there were there, but judges from every section in the court system of New York State were there, town and village, county, appellate and supreme.  Patriotism chokes me up.  The power that moves nations.  All of the justices stood on the courthouse steps during the ceremony.  They went to raise the flag and the military veterans raised their hands in salute and Charlie did too.  The reverence of a soldier for his country was overwhelming.  I was so proud at that moment that I have had the privilege of knowing him and working with him. When I told him later of that feeling of pride, he simply stated, "I'm a soldier." And that said it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment