Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brooke is 2

It's interesting to watch children grow, especially now that I am a grandmother.  I'm not sure why that is.  Perhaps more of the freedom to take the back porch and watch and observe, love and let go.  Teach in little snippets.  

Yesterday she came over for a visit, while her Mommy went on a mad dash to the store and home to race through the house and clean.  (Not that she needed to in my book, but I do know what it's like to try to clean with a 2 year old under foot.)  

We read books, her favorites downstairs are "My Sunday Book," which is a book that her Pop-pop had as a child, and "Baby Dear," ironically a book I had as a child.  Then we watched (yes we, always we) Wee Sing in Sillyville, a story about two children in a coloring book land where all the colors aren't getting along and how they all come back together to help Sillywhim.  And then it's time for "Abba Dabba."  This is what we watch...



And she sings along with it.  (Oh, I wish I had that on video!)
Happy birthday, Brooke!


No comments:

Post a Comment